Experience the great joy of serving others: Volunteer at CVRM today!
You can make a difference in the lives of people in need. Our Mission depends on committed people to help the men, women, and children at CVRM.
Current Volunteer Opportunities:
- Meal Prep – Daily 8AM-12PM and 1PM-4PM – need four people for AM and two people for PM
- Strike Team – Carpet shampooing and deep cleaning team – once a month on weekends – need a leader and four to six people on a team
- Service Team – Building maintenance and repair – need two to four people – flexible schedule
- Administration Helpers – Help with program administration, filing, and data entry during business hours and front desk – computer literate – four to six people – to cover mornings at Front Desk and mid-day for Director of Programs
- Thrift Store – Spanish speaking – need any hours between 9AM-7PM Monday – Friday and Sat 9AM-5PM
Download Volunteer Application Packet (PDF)
Please fill out and bring the Volunteer Application with you when you come to Volunteer.
How To Volunteer:
- Call: 760-347-3512 x 221
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Or, fill out the form below
Ongoing Volunteer Opportunities:
Help with program administration, filing, and data entry during business hours and front desk – computer literate – need four to six people – cover mornings at Front Desk and mid-day for Director of Programs.
CVRM gives away backpacks and school supplies to children in need.
• Collect new backpacks, school supplies and volunteers for the day of the event.
Christmas Gift Program:
CVRM gives away toys to children in need at Christmas.
• Collect unwrapped toys and volunteers for the day of the event.
• Basic preparation of food to be served
Men/Women’s Program (need an interview):
• GED – instructors and tutors
• Lifeskills – lead classes
• Chapel Speakers: Churches and/or individuals can apply to share at our daily evening chapel services. Contact Olga Betancourt, Director of Programs (760) 347-3512 x 240 for application and interview.
New Life Thrift Store:
Volunteer at the Mission Thrift Store helping sort, hang merchandise and assisting customers. The store is located at 1398 6th Street, Coachella and is open 9AM – 7PM Monday through Friday, 9AM – 5PM Saturday and closed on Sunday. Call (760) 398-2424 for more information. Spanish speaking.
Service Team – Building Maintenance and Repair Projects:
Various building maintenance and repair projects need your general or special skills. Call for more information.
Volunteer to help coordinate special events.
Special Holiday Meals and Breakfast Events:
We welcome donations of meats, hams and poultry, canned and fresh fruits and vegetables (preferably in #10 cans), butter/margarine, flavored drinks, breakfast cereals, condiments and toiletries. The Mission will coordinate pickups with groups who establish food drives.
• We schedule volunteers for these events.
Carpet shampooing and deep cleaning team – once a month on weekends – need a leader and four to six people on a team